Living Life

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Update

Haven't been able to blog lately ... extremely busy, quite stressed ... and trying to adapt ... el7amdulilah...

Quite a lot has been going on... and now I'm physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausted !!! And really looking forward to the weekend !!

I started work el7amdulilah ... work hours are from 9 to 3 ... which is really good... but when you're "teaching" for that long ... it can be pretty tiring ... and I haven't been going home at 3 because there's stuff to discuss and go through before I go home ... things to do with books... and attendance sheets... photocopies ... bla bla... inshAllah all this will be sorted out by next week ... and things will go smoothly then :-) My students are OK ... and I've sort of "connected" with them el7amdulilah... and inshAllah we'll be doing loads of work and having fun too ... Taking care of the house has been quite a challenge... cooking at night the day before... remembering to do the laundry before I go out... calling the supermarket to send stuff... and buying my own veggies on my way home... I'm managing el7amdulilah :-)
My feet are the main victims of this job though !!! The first day I wore 5cm heels... then the next day 3cm ... then "flat" ... can't do better than that :-D ... I've had to soak my feet in foot soak to relax!!!! Little bro laughed his head off the other day ... and was like "ageblek maya w mal7 ya si elsayyed ?!" ...

Ahhh ... little bro .... that's another story altogether... he's had to apply for the awful awful compulsory military service... and go for the medical check ups and all that... he might have to quit his job because of that... was hoping he'd be exempted ... but he wasn't ... on the contrary ....they told him that he'd have to serve for 3 years !!! Some people tell us maybe because he works in a University they'll bring it down to 1 year.... I do hope so .... he's been taking it quite well though... hope things shape up in a better way inshAllah .... dad called him the other day... now he was the depressed one... baba is a very sensitive person ... though he tends to hide it... but we know his voice when he's upset... has a certain tone and slight quaver that can bring me to tears... Allah yehawwen 3aleih w 3ala mama too....

I've had to take another decision amidst all this....
I met a lady at the mosque I go to ...and we got friendly and all... then she set me up with her son !!!! Yes... wanted me to marry her son !!!! so the past 2 weeks I've been getting to know him.... discovered he was a nice guy... but not "for me" ... the problem is I felt he was reeaally "into me" ... like interested and enthusiastic... while I was mostly having negative thoughts... people around me kept telling me don't cut it off now... give it more time... but I felt the more time I gave it.. the more he got interested... felt bad to go on that way... and felt bad to bluntly refuse... did a lot of praying "estekhaara" and el7amdulilah ... I feel I've done the right thing... everything is naseeb and I'm sure inshAllah he'll find the "right girl" for him one day....

Lots of other "little" things been happening... friends having problems and calling me to talk....one of our (me and little bro) best friends going back to Canada so been going out with him and his fiance....relatives getting upset that I don't ask about them as frequently as I used to...etc etc....

I am tired....

El7amdulilah for everything... gotta go prepare tomorrow's lessons.... and lunch ;-) .. then sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep .....

15 Comments:

At 12/01/2005 12:09:00 AM, Blogger Charisma said...

Im so happy for you Meme!

Inspite of all the stress you sound happy and managing things greatly!

God bless you, you deserve all the best, and ISA your naseeb will be the best of all, and will come when you least expect it, trust me, i know :)

 
At 12/01/2005 02:20:00 AM, Blogger LouLou said...

Meme,

What can I say?Glad you're making good use of your time but don't drive yourself too hard. Best of luck with your new job. You're my hero. I think teaching is an extremely demanding & stressful profession. Just don't have the patience. I get frustrated with people who don't know everything I know.It all seems so obvious to me.:)

Of course I love learning so it's fine with me if others want to teach me but it's a one way thing with me am afraid.:)

Helping my younger siblings with their homework occasionally is as much teaching as I can take.

Sometimes I have to teach trainees at work but mercifully that usually just consists of giving a presentation & then passing around some manuals & maybe taking a few questions. Even then some of the questions get on my nerves & I feel like asking haven't you heard a word I said?

"but I felt the more time I gave it.. the more he got interested... felt bad to go on that way... and felt bad to bluntly refuse"

Good for you. It's not very nice to lead people on. You wouldn't do that.:)

 
At 12/01/2005 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Rain said...

OMG Me!!
I need to catch my breath from ur post! I feel I was running.

You're very active mash2allah.

Although teaching is the toughest job on earth , it's the most sacred , the most giving job.
You're helping young minds to grow and build their future,.. you'll be part of their lives.
I'm sure u fit in this job..it's a great job , good luck to you, I ask Allah to help u bear its hardships..but it's worth the effort.

I salute ur strength in managing all that alone, this experience will help u a lot.

And I hope ur brother get what's best for him isA .

I really wish u'll get the one for u :).. u did the right thing .

 
At 12/01/2005 07:33:00 PM, Blogger doshar said...

hey me: mish 3arfa a2oolek eih, this post triggered alot of talk ma3aki. and you are teaching now as well! so we have that in common now..it is really nice. rabbena ma3aki. and don't worry about the set up thing, the situation itlsef is usually awkward, and it does put alot of stress on you emotionally, but if it is right, you will feel it. will talk to you later ISA. take care :)

 
At 12/01/2005 11:15:00 PM, Blogger tota said...

Hey Me
Best of luck with your new job .. i have been wondering what happened to u later ,,, but now the happy news are coming

take care :)

 
At 12/02/2005 04:15:00 AM, Blogger Dalulla said...

Congrats for ur new job, rabena ma3ki. La khaba man istakhar (insha'Allah), ma3lesh cutting it off bluntly is better than to have left the guy getting hung up more and more.

Rabena yekrem your brother, we yetamen your parents.

I hope you had a good night sleep.. Masha'Allah glad you are coping.

 
At 12/02/2005 02:30:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Chari,

Thanks :-) El7amdulilah I try to appreciate the good things in life God has blessed me with...thanks for your sweet prayers...

"and will come when you least expect it, trust me, i know :)"

I do hope so ... surprises are just the best aren't they? And I know "you know" .. enti 7at2oleeli ? hehehe ;-)

Loul,

Thanks

"You're my hero"

*blush* mesh awi keda!!! Teaching is quite stressful sometimes ... especially when you have one student pulling back your class (I have that now :-()... but I'm quite patient somehow!!! I know I enjoy it cause time flies in class and I only look at my watch to "time myself"...

I think I only enjoy teaching Languages though... don't think I'd do a good job really if I was teaching other subjects at school or something...

"Even then some of the questions get on my nerves & I feel like asking haven't you heard a word I said?"

LOL !!! Then you'd go nuts in my class !!!

Rain,

I also felt I was out of breath by the end of the week!!!! El7amdulilah that it went well... and I have today and tomorrow to try and relax a little...

"You're helping young minds to grow and build their future,.. you'll be part of their lives."

I agree with you here... but now I'm not teaching children... I'm teaching adults...all graduates who want to improve their language and communication skills... I hope I'll be able to have a positive impact on their lives as well...

Thanks for your wishes for my brother... I'm really worried about him... and thanks for wishing that I find the "right one for me" too... all in good time inshAllah ;-)

Do,

"don't worry about the set up thing, the situation itlsef is usually awkward, and it does put alot of stress on you emotionally, but if it is right, you will feel it."

Yep... they told me the same thing... and I felt "right" with my ex fiance from the very first time... but he wasn't my naseeb ...with the guy this time ... I didn't feel right...and there were quite a number of things in his way of life and personality that made me back off... but he wasn't a bad guy walla 7aagah ... just not "for me"...

"will talk to you later ISA"

Looking forward to that!! :-)

Tota,

Thanks... yep ... I've been quite busy lately... "yadob" keeping up with your blogs but no time for mine :-)

Dalulla,

Thanks...I do feel good about the choice I made... praying istekhara makes me feel settled with the decisions I make... I don't dream or anything... I just "feel"...

Allah yekremek ...I do hope things go for the best for little bro...

I slept quite well el7amdulilah... but I still want morrrrrrrrrrre !!! :-D

 
At 12/02/2005 08:20:00 PM, Blogger Wonderer said...

Congrats. on the new job. It seems you are enjoying it yet hectic.
keep well,

 
At 12/03/2005 01:43:00 PM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said...

Teaching has been one of my dreams since I was a little kid. I remember I used to imagine myself in a class teaching students and talking with them w keda..

After I graduated, I had two chances to teach, but at the same time I had another offer at the place I'm working at now. It was quite a hard decision for me to take.

I gave up on teaching for many reasons, still I don't know if it was a right decision or not.

But whenever I hear about someone teaching, I feel the passion for it, I still have the urge to drop everything and teach.

But still after all, I might not be a good teacher, who knows.

Wish you best of luck in everything.

Take care :)

 
At 12/03/2005 03:08:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Wonderer,

Thanks...yep .. it is hectic... but fulfilling el7amdulilah :-)
take care

Moon,

Unlike you, I never thought of teaching as a profession !! It all came by chance when I started teaching at a Centre part time... adn I found I enjoyed it tremendously !! That's when I decided I'd like to go on teaching part time... the job I was offered this time is full time for a period of 3 months... I've never taught full time before... but it's going well so far el7amdulilah :-)

"I gave up on teaching for many reasons, still I don't know if it was a right decision or not."

Can you tell me the reasons? If you don't mind that is...

"But still after all, I might not be a good teacher, who knows"

You'll never know unless you try... and there are a couple of books out there and courses too that can help you out (if you want details pls tell me)

Good luck to you too :-)

 
At 12/03/2005 08:21:00 PM, Blogger Ahmed said...

Salams
Nice site, pls take a look at mine and link it up here.
WS

 
At 12/03/2005 08:51:00 PM, Blogger roora said...

hi me , seems to be glad by being busy all the time ..join the club

I am actually since I started working too , cant cope with my day to day routine ..but this is much better than before elhamdAllah ,

about the groom , next time try not to worry much :) look who is talking after all !

 
At 12/03/2005 09:42:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Hello Ahmed.. thanks for dropping by...

Roora,
yep... I think I do enjoy being busy... especially when I have loads of responsibilities :-D psycho ba2a !!! no begad... el7amdulilah things are going quite well...

Really ya Roora I wasn't really worrying about the groom ... it's just that with some people you feel bad saying "no"... he was one of those people...

Anyway, glad to hear you're doing fine too... keep in touch...

 
At 12/04/2005 10:29:00 PM, Blogger MoonLightShadow said...

Sure I don't mind.

My decision was a built on logical thinking, rather than what do I have the passion for doing.

The two teaching chances I have one was in private universities, one in 6th of October, the other on the Ismailia Cairo road, which means not less than an hour and a half at least.

2nd reason, was if I accepted to work on the academic career, it will be difficult for me switch career later, and go for a practical career.

Add to that, I wasn't sure I'll be doing my masters and all that or not.

In addition, the salary wasn't that promising.

That's why I dropped the teaching offers :(

I agree with you that I'll never know if I'm good at teaching except if I tried, for that reason I was looking for a part time job as an instructor, to try myself in teaching.

I'll appreciate it If you could give me more information about the books, and if you know any good online material.

Thank you :)

 
At 12/07/2005 11:04:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Ahhh Moon ... now I get it....
Your case is quite different from mine ... in my case I'm teaching a language.... ya3ni not related to my "career" which is Engineering ... so it doesn't get in the way of my "practical career" .... I haven't considered teaching the way you're talking about ... coz that would mean liek you said ... picking that path and sticking to it ....

But what I want to tell you is .. if you really have the passion for something ...and you have a certain "vision" in your mind ... anything is possible.... though I think in your place I would've done what you did.... in the end it's all by God's Will....

If you're looking for a part time job as an instructor... is it going to be related to your studies? You see the courses I was talkign about are largely to do with teaching English as a Foreign Language... and only a little bit of "general teaching" .... but anyway I'll see if I can find the general stuff and tell you about it ....

Okie dokie ... and thank you 3ala eih bass ?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home