Living Life

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Where is my lip balm?

Little bro has this habit of walking around the whole house when he's on the phone... and his phone calls concerning events, workshops, seminars can be pretty looooooooong... anyway, it wouldn't be bad if he'd just walk around, would it? The thing is... as he's walking around he tends to absent mindedly pick things up... fiddle with them, then "drop them off "in the most ridiculous places on his "trip" around the house... what does he pick up? Anything small enough to be held in one hand ... you name it... pens, small souvenirs, bracelets, nail polish .. whatever comes his way!!

Yesterday I had an evening class... he called me from the military base and told me he'd be home when I got back isA .... coooool...I got back home after a long day and found him getting ready to go pray 3esha in the mosque downstairs... so started clearing up the sort of mess in my room by the time he gets back ... "Now where is that tinted yummy lip balm I'd left on my dressing table when I switched bags before going out? ...nowhere to be seen ... maybe I never took it out of the bag? Nope ... not in bag .... not in drawer .... aha ... he moved it ... it must be him" ....looked around the house ... couldn't find it ... w ba3deeeiiin ... it's one of my favourites... waited till he got back and "politely" asked him :D ... "No, no I didn't!! Why on earth would I take your lip balm ?!??!" OK ... decided to let go of it ... it would show up one day .... then I heard him laughing in the other room ... went to find him holding the lip balm and grinning... it was in his pocket all along !!!

I don't want to imagine how his face would've looked had it dropped out of his pocket while he was praying !!

5 Comments:

At 6/29/2006 09:09:00 AM, Blogger LouLou said...

LOL:)

I can imagine the looks on the faces of the people in the mosque if he had dropped a stick of flavored colored lip balm.:)

Welcome back to the blogs & ISA your father has arrived safely by now.

 
At 6/29/2006 03:06:00 PM, Blogger lifeflaw said...

:))
If he had dropped it in the mosque, he would have learned a lesson. :P

 
At 7/01/2006 02:37:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Loul,
Yeah! Oh my God I don't know how he would've handled it!

"Welcome back to the blogs & ISA your father has arrived safely by now."

Thanks...baba still isn't here though...still a month to go inshAllah...

A h m a d,
LOL! Do you think so?

 
At 7/07/2006 11:20:00 AM, Blogger Dalulla said...

Ok, Me, it is your brother you have to deal with (lol - temporary case. Insha'Allah some day u will get married)... Imagine it is your husband doing this!!! My husband is exactly the same way like your brother... Only I get dizzy when he keeps circling around all through his phone calls!!

I too cannot imagine his face if the lip balm would have fallen out in the mosque!! Or i can... BIG BIG BLUSH.... lol

 
At 7/08/2006 01:20:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

ATC,
Welcome back ya gameela ! Thanks for stopping by...
Yeah it would've been hilarious begad if it had dropped out of his pocket!!

Dalulla,
Nice to see you around too :-)
OMG I don't want to think I'm going to have to live with this even after I get married inshAllah!! Yikesssss !!!

Yep... big big blush ... and knowing my brother... maybe followed by hysterical laughter !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home