Living Life

Friday, May 05, 2006

Made in Bangladesh

I just love that T-shirt ... my best friend got it for me all the way from Bangladesh back in '95.. was in high school... and loved pink pink pink .... it was a lovely shade of hot pink ... still is actually ... though may have faded a little ...(not a lot coz I take great care of it)... anyway ... wore it quite often till I got veiled.... but did I stop wearing it then? ... actually .. no ... wore it at home... am wearing it now... it's so comfy... and I love it's colour.... every time I wear it ... I look at the tag and remember my best friend in high school... hope she's fine wherever she is and whatever she's doing... never thought a present could last that long... or be used for that long...
Almost 11 years later... memories come rushing to my mind... when I look at the tag that says "Made in Bangladesh"...

5 Comments:

At 5/05/2006 10:01:00 PM, Blogger Alina said...

Me, I also have a red shirt I've been wearing for about 7 years. it's a present from my step dad and I simply love it!But the present I have for the longest is a gold neclace from my mom that I have had for 14 years. It's being repaired right now as someone broke it when trying to steal it form my neck. Yet is still is the most precious gift to me.

 
At 5/06/2006 02:31:00 AM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said...

Salaam Me, Thank you for all your comments.

As for your post, there is nothing as comfortable as an old t-shirt.

Alina, I'm glad you managed to keep your necklace, what a scary experience that must have been.

 
At 5/06/2006 02:22:00 PM, Blogger Nesrina said...

Seems I am not the only one :)
had a similar feelings for a short sleeved dark blue polo shirt. It wasn't a present, I purchased it eight years ago but to my surprise back then I discovered a special person wearing one just like it.
so I just loved it more :). I still have it but don't wear it anymore... fearing the memories.

 
At 5/06/2006 11:36:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Nice to know I'm not the only one :-D

Alina...I'm glad you still have your necklace too...

 
At 5/07/2006 12:06:00 AM, Blogger lifeflaw said...

I hate it when our favorite stuff gets so old; this always happens to me with my favorite items! :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home