Living Life

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Can't concentrate... have been praying and praying since then...
This has never been a political blog ...and it never will be... but I am frustrated and stressed out over what's happening here in Egypt... people getting arrested for no reason... people who believe in their right to express themselves... people who have the dignity to stand up and speak their mind...
Feels different when someone you know very well and is so very dear to you is one of those people... one of the most respectful men I've met in my life... calm, open minded, logical, thoughtful and so full of passion... I won't be able to say enough about him ... I can't think ...no news about him yet... all I can do is pray and wait for a call... I pray he is well... he had bypass surgery less than a year ago... I pray his wife and children are coping and are "saabereen"...


انا لله و انا اليه راجعون، اللهم أجرهم في مصيبتهم و أخلف لهم خيرا منها
يا رب، يا رب، يا رب، يا أرحم الراحمبن، يا مجيب الدعاء، ارفع الظلم عن المظلومين
Update: It's official... he's among those arrested... spent the past 2 hours on the net... searching and reading...found his name in more than one place... I don't want to believe it... I'm still in denial... please pray for him...
Update 2: Just got to know from his wife that he called last night 3:30 am... she says he sounds fine...knowing him .. he would sound fine... a man of such faith.. el7amdulilah... but his medication still hasn't reached him... detained for 15 days... only God knows if those are the first of many 15 days... again ... please pray for him and all those with him...

14 Comments:

At 5/11/2006 07:07:00 PM, Blogger roora said...

I am depressed and frustrated like you ya me

what i happening here ? I feel like slaps commiung to us

what are all these disasters that are happening? everyday an accident at first it was sgocking and now it just become a trend , a bus fell from the bridge ... a bus accident in damiette
and then a disaster in the RED Sea and thousand goes and lot of sorrow and hurt that fullfills thousands of homes in Egypt.

And then this accident that happened in Alex and people fight and make protests and more violence and once the viloence ended , we hear about sharm blast
and then what is going from proests these days

God .. what is happening to us ?

Regarding the man you know I pray God that he would be released soon and all those who were unfairly arrested without harm .. Ameen

 
At 5/11/2006 09:44:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Ameen ya Roora... Ameen ... please pray for him ...

 
At 5/12/2006 04:34:00 AM, Blogger Just Jane said...

I will send good thoughts and prayers for your friend. It's difficult for me to understand what's really going on over there...it seems Egypt is falling into chaos but the world is not really paying much attention. I've signed a petition to free the demonstrators that is to be sent to Egyptian and US officials. Please know that some of us in the western world are aware and do care.

 
At 5/12/2006 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Jane,
It's difficult for me to understand what's happening too...
Thanks for your kind thoughts and feelings...it's good to know that there are people who care..

 
At 5/12/2006 06:38:00 PM, Blogger Noblese said...

Me, may God be with your friend, and give him the courage and peace to go through all of this. And that he'll be released soon.
May God also be with Egypt and the people who live there. I have family and friends and each time something like this happens I am worried and phone to ask about them. Of course they can't talk on the phone but it's enough to hear their voices.
What is going on with Egypt?

 
At 5/13/2006 07:47:00 PM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said...

Salaam,
I pray your friend and his family stay well and that he is released soon, insha Allah.
I wish I had something more to say, but I can't imagine what it must be like for you all there. May Allah grant you all Sabr.

 
At 5/14/2006 11:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is sad ya Me...hope he gets out soon isa...in good shape...I hate and resent what's happening...the # of detained people over the past few days is horrifying...hope this all ends peacefully...

 
At 5/14/2006 10:39:00 PM, Blogger Wonderer said...

حسـبنا الله و نعم الوكيل
ربنا يفرج كربته يا مى
and the rest of the arrested innocent people
Amen

 
At 5/15/2006 10:10:00 AM, Blogger LouLou said...

I think your prayer says it all. So am repeating it with you:

انا لله و انا اليه راجعون، اللهم أجرهم في مصيبتهم و أخلف لهم خيرا منها
يا رب، يا رب، يا رب، يا أرحم الراحمبن، يا مجيب الدعاء، ارفع الظلم عن المظلومين

Cheer up. Yumhil wala yuhmil.

 
At 5/15/2006 06:36:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers...

Noblese,
InshAllah all your family and friends stay safe...
"What is going on with Egypt?"
WAllahi I don't know! Rabena yostor next Thursday...

Safiya,
"I wish I had something more to say, but I can't imagine what it must be like for you all there. "
Life goes on Safiya... I just hope they aren't forgotten...

Nerro,
"the # of detained people over the past few days is horrifying...hope this all ends peacefully..."
Like I told Noblese... Rabena yostor next Thursday... and on the 25th...

Wonderer,
Please keep praying...

LouLou,
"Cheer up. Yumhil wala yuhmil."
I know ya LouLou, I know.... bas wAllahi mesh be2eedi... am trying though :)

 
At 5/17/2006 09:45:00 AM, Blogger Nesrina said...

I can't believe what is happening in Egypt, may god help him and his family Amen!

 
At 5/22/2006 10:06:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Ameen ya Nesrina !

 
At 5/24/2006 12:19:00 AM, Blogger Dalulla said...

sorry have not been around for you and for others lately.. bas Ameen for your duaa for this man and for all other respectful and honest people who say what they think in the face of bigotry and tyranny!

La 7awala wala Quata illah BELLAH... Allahoma Ajer al moslemeen ya rab... Allahoma wa7edna wala toushatetna... Allahoma fouk asrahaoum... ameen ameen ameen

 
At 5/25/2006 03:03:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Jazake Allaho khayran ya Dalulla :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home