Living Life

Saturday, July 01, 2006

The piano

I've always wanted to play the piano....I learnt to play the recorder at school.. I loved it ...and I still do... but I've always looked at people whose fingers fly over the piano keys with some sort of envy... I go to Omar Khairat's concerts and sit at the front where I can watch his fingers... I enjoy the music immensely but the way piano players' fingers glide over those keys never seizes to amaze me... I just love it... some day inshAllah, when I have time, I'll learn how to play... but for the time being I'll just have to imagine that I'm playing the piano when my fingers fly over the keyboard as I type...

9 Comments:

At 7/01/2006 02:37:00 PM, Blogger Alina said...

I've always loved listening to and seeing people play the piano. Tried playing it for a while myself, learning small bits from my friends. Learning to coordinate your fingers like that, it really is amazing!

 
At 7/02/2006 05:37:00 AM, Blogger Edward Ott said...

I remeber going to my cousin's house in New orleans when i was little and he used to have his friend harry come over and play piano. harry sure could play piano well.

Peace

 
At 7/02/2006 10:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love watching pianoists while playing...it is like "magic"...go for it ya Me.

 
At 7/02/2006 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Noblese said...

Yes, music has its magic ... hope you'll find the time soon to join a class.

 
At 7/02/2006 02:31:00 PM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said...

I'd love to learn to play too.
Alina's right, it's all about co-ordination.

 
At 7/07/2006 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Dalulla said...

Pianos are lovely... I also always dreamt of playing the piano and mastering it! Hhhhh... sigh.. oh well I do wish you luck playing some day..

 
At 7/08/2006 01:24:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Alina & ATC,

Now you're on the list of people I envy ;-P & ATC ... I've heard some of Yanni's work .. he's amazing too... will try and listen to the piece you're talking about... Thanks

Edward,
Welcome to my blog... see you around inshAllah :-)

Nerro, Noblese, Safiya, Dalulla,
Hope we all get to play the piano one day ! :-D

 
At 7/09/2006 02:11:00 AM, Blogger Eman M said...

ايوة انا طول عمرى نفسى اكون باعرف اعزف على البيانو .. باعشقه

بس بعد ما شاب ودوه الكتاب بقة :)

 
At 7/10/2006 08:54:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Enti kamaan ya Eman!
Aywa wadouh elkotaab...Eh elmoshkela? :-P ya3ni of course we won't be able to play like them but at least we'll be able to play shwaya ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home