Living Life

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

"Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life"

"Say: "Shall we tell you of those who lose most in respect of their deeds?
"Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life. While they thought that they were acquiring good by their works?
They are those who deny the Signs of their Lord and the fact of their having to meet Him (in the Hereafter): vain will be their works, nor shall We, on the Day of Judgment, give them any Weight. "

[Al Kahf :103-105]

Every Friday as I sit and read Surat AlKahf I stop at these verses... and read them again ... and think how many people in this world we live in fit into this description... especially with what's been going on lately in Lebanon... I'm not good with words... and have been silent lately ... can't really find the words to express what I've been feeling... all I can say is I've been trying to do what I can... God bless you Lebanon...

"Our Lord!, Let not our hearts deviate now after Thou hast guided us, but grant us mercy from Thine own Presence; for Thou art the Grantor of bounties without measure. "
[Aal Imran:8]

10 Comments:

At 8/09/2006 01:13:00 AM, Blogger roora said...

ameen God bless lebanon

me, please if there is something you do for help ..share it with me

 
At 8/09/2006 01:20:00 AM, Blogger Safiya Outlines said...

Ameen. When you do blog, your words are always so well chosen, Masha Allah.

Thank you for your words on my blog, I do appreciate it!

 
At 8/09/2006 08:01:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

There aren’t any words at all!!! If the shouts of every dying people, orphans children, desperate mothers, physically and psychologically hurt people,... if there shouts aren't heard, I guess we must sacrifice our impotent words and save our prays in the silence, a deep, deep silence, where we only can ear the drop's God's tears... and pray.

 
At 8/09/2006 08:56:00 PM, Blogger doshar said...

reading these verses before, I worry that I am one of those.. and then I turn to Allah that He would show me the right way and not be among the lost and misled.

I really do not know if with everything in Lebanon, do they think they are right? or are they so blind that it does not even come to mind.


I often think that not only with war... but with all wrong doing... how do people do it. How does their self let them do it? what are they thinking? or are they thinking at all?

like things that are so clear cut... like mugging an old lady, killing her to get a joint. what is going through their heads? how do they go to sleep at night? or is their conscience absolutely dead?

 
At 8/31/2006 02:13:00 PM, Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said...

amen

Me.. may you please email me.. i was searching for your email but couldn't find it lel asaf.. (its urgent)

plus where are you ya bnti,,,, its long time no hear

yalla, you'd better take care.. and good luck, and may ALLAh reward you in which ever roads u've choosen for yourself :)

 
At 9/16/2006 11:30:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Thank you all for your comments :-)
Have been away for a while ... no time to blog or even read blogs... so many things happening ... and quite some stress to handle... al7amdulilah ... it's all kheir... nothing bad ...
See y'all around whenever I have time to pop in ...
Miss you loads

 
At 1/30/2010 06:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2/02/2010 09:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2/07/2010 08:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/01/2010 03:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home