Living Life

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I wonder.... continued

Been thinking about these "discussions" where people are virtually yelling sometimes..... and how people may find it easier to express themselves through writing.... personally I find talking a better and easier way to express myself... maybe it's cause when I write, all I have is my words to express what I have to say for myself.... there's no intonation... no stress on certain words.... these change how a sentence sounds and feels... I know some people have the talent to be able to express even that through writing ... but I don't, and I guess lots of people don't as well... ever thought how simple words said in different ways can change what you mean completely? Take for example something as simple as "I'm sorry."It can be said in a tone which shows the person is really sorry... and..... can be said in a sneering tone ... which gives a completely different meaning !! .... both are written the same way ... yet give entirely different meanings.... same goes for almost everything.... intonation and stressing on certain words in your sentence really do change the meaning ...

But then again, some of what I've read is just so plain rude that whatever the intonation, and wherever the stress in the sentence, it still is rude ....

7 Comments:

At 9/06/2005 10:34:00 PM, Blogger roora said...

Me, i wrote something like that too in my blog , m3lesh but i dont know how to make links

But i was mainly talking in my post in general and about some debates i was in the middle of one of them in BP

 
At 9/07/2005 11:36:00 AM, Blogger doshar said...

hello me. i used your last post as a link on one of mine.

matez3aleesh, they never really win do they, the rude.

 
At 9/07/2005 11:37:00 AM, Blogger doshar said...

i don't know how to make links either in comments. :)

if you know can you tell us?

 
At 9/07/2005 01:51:00 PM, Blogger Dalulla said...

Me, I am sorry if u consumed too much space in your comments at the post before this one addressing Craig. I hope this did not annoy you in any manner :-)

I really want to make things better that's all. I do not like people to be upset or hurt by me. But at the same time the whole idea is written in my commnent, just not to repeat myself over again and use up all the air! (space that is)

 
At 9/07/2005 03:15:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Hello Roora & Doshar :-) I dunno how to make links either !!

Dalulla, don't you worry ya gamila... no problemo .. use the space you want :-)

 
At 9/08/2005 12:13:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Hey girls .. Roora & Doshar.. I found out how to make links in posts... to find out how ... click here ... hope it works :-)

 
At 9/08/2005 12:18:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Ooops ...I meant links in "comments" ..not posts... we probably sound dum to all the programmers around ;-P ... but me no programmer...me "civil engineer" :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home