Living Life

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Now I understand....

All throughout my life, we'd spend most of our vacation in Alexandria... then go back to school/university/work ... i.e our lives... every year I'd enjoy my vacation to the full... but by the end of it I'd feel I miss my friends/school/work .. i.e my life...I'd be a little tearful saying goodbye to my grandmas, and the rest of my relatives .. but really looking forward to going back ... I always felt a little guilty cause I felt that they missed me more than I missed them.. that they wanted us to stay more than we wanted to stay .... I realised that "the ones leaving" don't feel as much as "the ones staying" watching the others leave... I realised that when I was of the "ones leaving" ..... and now that I'm of "the ones staying" I feel it even more....... Now I understand......

My aunt left yesterday... me and my mum went to stay over with my maternal grandma to keep her company and be next to her after my aunt's family leaves ... it was heartbreaking seeing my grandma cry after she left... seeing the pain on her face... and hearing her sob....and her saying how she's going to miss them.... how the kids would've grown by the time she sees them again isA next year... I watched my little cousins ... and remembered how it was with me and my brothers... they were too " a little tearful" but I guess quite enthusiastic about going back to their lives in a way ...... now, being on the other side I can imagine how things must've looked when we used to leave...

My brother's "S" little family (wife "M" and little, adorable, amazing baby girl "N") should be leaving with him next month isA...S has been away for a few months for work on a project that was supposed to take a lot less than what it ended up taking ... M was pregnant so she stayed back here and he'd come for short, sporadic visits... then little baby N came into the world last July..... and the project that S is on may take another year !!!! So of course S and M decided that it was time that they all got together..... M is looking forward to being with her husband ... trying to get things done as soon as possible.... little N doesn't understand much yet as she's only 40 days old ..... but her aunt "Me" is dreading the day they leave.... I've become good friends with M and crazily attached to baby N !!! I will miss her enormously and I can't imagine not seeing her grow..... Now I think I understand how my aunts loved me and why they'd hug me that way when I was leaving....

My parents are leaving soon as well ... now I guess that's going to be the hardest part... but I'll probably be going to visit them and pack the rest of my stuff very soon isA so that makes me feel sort of better in a way ... el7amdulilah ...

4 Comments:

At 8/27/2005 05:36:00 PM, Blogger doshar said...

yeah it is different on the other side. your life is the same minus whoever left, so yu feel the gap, when you leave, it is a change, not a subtraction, the ones here are replaced by others somewhere else, but if it is the parents, wether leaving or staying, trust me, they are the ones who suffer more. they do love us so.

Rabbena ma3aki when your parents leave, hope you consider me and my sis there for you anytime.

 
At 8/28/2005 12:19:00 AM, Blogger roora said...

Matez3leesh ya Me , I know how you feel. i always feel by passion towards those who leave us,my cousins who live in the states were in vaccation and when they left i was upset , and they were ok ! , actually my cousin , i was suggesting on him to stay and he was looking forward to be back. I guess this is normal.
It must be harder on you for your parents' leave , ISA you will meet soon , ello2a naseeb.

You know regarding the baby N . I liked my aunt much more and i become asking about her more when my brother got his babies , because I felt that i want them to be nice with me when they grow up so i have to be nice as well with my aunts :)
Take care :)

 
At 8/28/2005 02:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is hard..yes, but this is the way life is....I really understand your feelings, but try to twist it shwaya, so you can kiss them pleasently goodbye and plan for their next visit ISA....

 
At 8/28/2005 05:14:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Thanks ya gama3a for your support ... I know isA things will be fine :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home