Living Life

Friday, January 13, 2006

Eid, rain, bubbles and visits...

So it's been raining all throughout Eid !!!! But would I let that trap me at home ? No No No never !!! Not that we really went "out" ... mostly we were visiting but it was fun anyway....

The first day in the morning there was the "meat mess" ... was quite fun actually dividing the meat into packets for the poor... packets for friends and relatives... then packets for us ... then the distributing.... thank God we managed to finish... when that was over we got dressed quickly and off to my Grandma... big bro and his little family were there too... we barbecued lamb ribs, minced meat(kofta), kebab and chicken ... boy... I ate so much !!! It was raining ...raining ... raining... felt that it stopped raining only to start all over again !!!! but we barbecued on my Grandma's roof in a sheltered placed keda so it was fine... quite cold but fine... and the best part was taking the meat right off the grill onto our mouths ... Yummy :)

Little baby N was there of course... and she was adorable !! I'd bought the soap solution that makes bubbles and brought it with me (I'm crazy about it btw :-D) ... and I blew bubbles for baby N... she loved them and got so excited !!!! wanted to touch them ... I love the way she'd watch them as they fell to the floor... big bro was carrying her and she'd lean down after the bubbles and like talk to them or something!!!! mashAllah she's sooooooooo cute .....

At night it was raining really hard... with lightning and thunder and all that... was a bit scary cuz we felt the building shake a bit!! ... but we waited till it sort of calmed down and went home....

The next day we were invited at my bro's inlaws for lunch... it was fun el7amdulilah ... we had a great time... then at night I had a wedding... never expected to be invited to that wedding .... my colleague's brother was getting married so she invited me! ... I mean I've only known her for a couple of months....but we get along... I was the only one she invited from work...so I sat on a table with the rest of her friends ...was quite nice actually... but I couldn't stay late cuz I was alone...

Yesterday we went to my uncle then my aunt ... was raining and raining on the way .. and really cold too... but I enjoyed it... don't know why I get excited by rain... my friends at Uni used to call me a "psycho" :-D ... the only part I don't like about rain here is that it seems Alex doesn't have a very good drainage system ...so many streets are flooded and it isn't a pretty sight :(

Spent the day at home today... but I might be going out with my mum to buy some stuff now... will be back to read your blogs and start commenting inshAllah ... miss you guys...

3 Comments:

At 1/14/2006 02:51:00 PM, Blogger Rain said...

:)
Glad you enjoyed the vacation.

It rained the first day of 3eed only in cairo :( .
But u r right , too much of rain is not very good... the streets get messy.

 
At 1/14/2006 09:43:00 PM, Blogger Nesrina said...

That's really good, you had a nice time. I love it when it rains too.
and it doesn't rain very frequently in Cairo so that's why it's always lovely no matter how messy and slippery the streets get after the rain.

 
At 1/16/2006 08:04:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Thanks girls ...hope you had a nice time too...

I love rain and I don't really mind the messy streets... but sometimes it's just too much ... out of control ya3ni !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home