Living Life

Sunday, February 05, 2006

I'm back... again :-D

I've been wanting to write this post for quite a while ... it's been ages !!!
I got back on Cairo Wednesday night... had to prepare the next day's lesson.... then went back to Cairo again on Friday !!! Actually it was to visit my little bro at his military training camp... sort of on the outskirts of Cairo ... el7amdulilah he's ok ... as "ok" as he can be in one of those camps I mean ... el7amdulilah .... there was no visit this week .... but he calls whenever he can to tell us he's doing fine ....

Then the next couple of days I was "seeing someone" .... someone who was thinking we might "click" ... but we didn't....this is what I wrote the day I saw him

"Met someone new today ... a joint friend was setting us up... she knows what we both see and want in a partner... and she felt that we might be suitable for each other... so she decided to set us up... he came from Cairo to see me ... took the train at 9 to get to Alex and stay a while with us at a cafe then went back to Cairo ... don't know what to say about him... can't say there was anything bad about him ... but I wasn't drawn to him in any way ...the guy is quite an impressive guy .... but I wasn't impressed... at all... it was ok though... I mean we talked ... serious stuff... and joked around a little ... he has a good sense of humour... quite sarcastic but I like it... but ... I didn't feel anything at all... I know I'm not expected to feel anything ... but I mean you know when you sometimes meet someone and you feel like you're interested to know more about that person? When you feel you'd like to see that person again? Didn't get those feelings... but at the same time didn't get any "negative" feelings... Whatever !! Guess we just didn't click .... will probably never see him again in my life... let's just say he was a nice guy I met one day by chance...."

Then I went down with a reeeeaaallly bad flu .... and couldn't take any days off from work.. it was awful...still am not very well but el7amdulilah much better.... want to read all my friends' blogs ... and catch up with everyone .... and of course write about my "trip to Cairo" !!!!!

5 Comments:

At 2/06/2006 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Nesrina said...

Me, I know it's quite personal, but I really want to tell you something ... because I have been there. Love at first sight is not real, give yourself a chance and pls pray este7'ara more than once.
I used to be hasty and just say no because I didn't feel the spark, it's only because I am getting older, more mature,I don't get impressed easily. as long as you didn't see an alarming thing from the person (religious wise) get to know him, one time is not enough!.

 
At 2/06/2006 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Thanks ya gameela for your advice...Jazake Alla khayran...
I know love at first sight isn't real of course and as I said I wasn't expecting something like that... and el7amdulilah I prayed estekhara every day during that period ... I saw him twice by the way ... and I think even he felt the same way ... you know like you don't care ... wouldn't blink an eye if you didn't meet again ?

 
At 2/07/2006 07:54:00 AM, Blogger LouLou said...

Oh Meme. When I read that you were 'seeing someone' for a minute in there I got excited & thought you were going to have some great news for us .:(

But of course you're right to wait for someone special. You should definitely feel drawn to your other half. ISA you will find him soon. Waiting to hear about it.:)

 
At 2/07/2006 11:37:00 AM, Blogger roora said...

i second message me in that , sometimes the spark is n't there from the first second, yeah i agree thgat you feel frawn to him but maybe things take time with you !

 
At 2/08/2006 12:30:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Yeah Loul... I got excited too :P

"ISA you will find him soon. Waiting to hear about it.:)"

Thanks ya gameela ...I know I'll find him when "it's time" isA... adn don't you worry... will tell you guys aaaaalllll about it when it happens!!

Roora,

I wasn't asking for a spark wAllahi... just to feel in a way impressed or attracted or at least to get the feeling I'd like to see that person again...believe me I wasn't hasty about it !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home