Living Life

Monday, February 06, 2006

My trip to Cairo ... belated

But " better late than never" ... right ?

Well .... where should I start ? It all started when I wrote this comment on Doshar's post on the Book Fair in Cairo.... Doshar called me that night ... and was like "go and book a ticket now ya benti ... andn I'm off work so I'll be able to show you around" !!! Told my mum about it ... then went next day morning and booked my train tickets (to and from Cairo)!!! Couldn't really sleep well that night ... was too excited to really sleep .....then next day morning I was off to Cairo !!!
Doshar was waiting for me at the train station ... I'd seen her in a couple of photos before so recognising her wasn't a problem .... the weird thing is I didn't feel it was the first time we meet.... no awkward feelings .... like I'd known her for quite a while !!!! Was fun getting lost in Cairo's streets ... was fun asking people for directions.... and was great finally getting to the Book Fair !!!!!!

We spent a couple of hours there... and during that time we were contacting Roora, Wonderer and Dalulla so we could all meet for late lunch somewhere.... Wonderer called Nerro too and they made it ... Dalulla couldn't make it though :( InshAllah next time we get to meet ya gameela... Nesreen ... was great talking to you on the phone...as for the others ... what can I say ? You were almost just as I expected... I enjoyed myself.... couldn't really believe that I was actually sitting there meeting you all ...still feels like a dream ....

Now the funny thing is I missed my train back to Alex !!! Hehehe.... we thought we were on the safe side when we got up an hour before time to get to the train station ... but the traffic was a nightmare !!!! and we took an hour and a half to get there !!! My train was at 6:00 and I got to the train station at 6:30!!! I must say I was a bit tense till 5:55 ... I had hope we'd make it .... then after that ... well ... it was too late wasn't it ? So we had to think of solutions ya3ni ... no use crying over spilt milk :-D Roora and Doshar kept apologising but wAllahi I wasn't upset walla 7aagah ... just wanted to make sure I got a train back to Alex that night coz I had work the next day and so that mama doesn't worry .... they were so sweet really ... and wanted to make sure I reached safely back to Alex ... el7amduliah I managed to get a place on the 7:00 train ... and by 9:30 I was back home ....

What can I say girls? ... it was awesome meeting you ... you were all amazing....can't thank you enough for your hospitality ... would love to see you all again some time soon....

9 Comments:

At 2/06/2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Nesrina said...

It was wonderful talking to you too Me. isA we will be able to arrange for another outing.

 
At 2/06/2006 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Yep... inshAllah ...and maybe even you guys can come to Alex !!! but before it gets crowded in summer :-)

 
At 2/06/2006 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Nesrina said...

walahi I would love it if we can meet in Alex. I am a BIG fan of Alex myself... will see isA.

 
At 2/07/2006 07:51:00 AM, Blogger LouLou said...

Meme,

Glad to read that you've been enjoying yourself & that you're not stressed anymore.:)

 
At 2/07/2006 10:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yalla we are waiting for you :)) bgad it was reall nice seeing you.

 
At 2/07/2006 11:52:00 AM, Blogger roora said...

the pleasure was ours and it was reall fun that day even missing the train thing:) sorry , but it was nice that you missed it so we can have more time with you

 
At 2/08/2006 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Nesreen,
yalla... see when you can come then !!

Loul,
Thanks :) I am more settled now el7amdulilah...

Nerro, Roora,
Thanks girls :-)

 
At 2/09/2006 11:00:00 PM, Blogger doshar said...

belated reply to this post:
we loved having you! and yes... it was fun getting lost with you in cairo streets...

what was actually interesting was.. showing you around... i started looking at cairo differently... from your prespective. and i have to say... my impression was: cairo is really big! and wow it is crowded!

would like to come to alex fe3lan. want to go to the library. and would love to see you again soon!

 
At 2/16/2006 07:31:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

belated reply to your belated reply :-D

Yalla come .... the library awaits you ;-) Begad ... would be lovely if you guys could make it to Alex... but like I said ... before it gets too crowded in summer :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home