Living Life

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Where should I stay? Update

Thanks for your input girls, I really appreciate it :) Was actually writing this as a comment then I realised it was getting pretty long so I posted it here instead..

Our family is really small... I may have never mentioned it but I only have an uncle and an aunt from my dad's side and 2 aunts from my mum's...

All my cousins on my dad's side are married (they're only 5 btw) with the exception of one guy (uncle's son) so you can understand why staying at my uncle's house wasn't an option....and I only have one girl cousin whose hubby works at sea and she is in the biggest mess ever between her house and her mum's ... the kids' schools... her job etc etc... I'm usually the one helping her out !!!

One of my aunts from my mum's side lives in Saudi Arabia now, and the other one is the unmarried one living with my granny...it would be impossible to ask my granny to leave her house and come an' live with me coz now at her age she doesn't feel comfy except in her own home... and of course my aunt can't leave her alone and come with me...

So you see I don't really have any cousins or aunts who can come and live with me!! That's why my options were limited to me going to stay with them...

Now you guys mentioned bringing a "live in" maid to stay with me... I'm afraid we don't know anyone we could really trust... there was a nanny who used to help in taking care of my granny Allah yer7amha (dad's mum) but she wasn't "live in" ... ya3ni she had her own family....my family are sort of against "live in" maids w keda... ya3ni we have someone come on certain days but that's about it.... the last time my dad's family had a live in maid was like 30 years ago or something when they were young girls "min elballad" and they knew their parents (dad's family is originally from Minia)... and were sorta helping their parents out by bringing them to live with them....

My mum left yesterday.... I stayed at our flat... but will probably start sleeping over at my aunt's from tomorrow inshAllah.... everybody is worried sick about me ... though there is no need to worry at all... they seem to think I'll feel lonely or have nothing to do or something... so ya 7abaybi keep calling and making sure I'm OK... the point is I don't spend much time at home... I'm mostly running from place to place during the day... from the Language centre to the office... to the NGO... to the mosque...sometimes meeting friends... and when I'm home I have soooooo much to do... I usually don't finish.... many a day I fall asleep with the light on and an open book !!

Today I'm staying at home in the morning for a change... have work to do at home... I'll probably only go out at 3esha to the mosque... hope I manage to finish all there is to be done :-)

PS. Loul, you seem to have gone through a lot of "stay alone" problems ! El7amdulilah that they sorted themselves out...

PPS. Doshar, I have wild parties every other night ;-P

PPPS. Wonderer, you were asking if my mum was Libyan... nope she isn't ... my mum is Egyptian of Turkish origins... she has to take a visa for going out and into Libya though... nothing to do with Egypt ya3ni...

6 Comments:

At 3/12/2006 07:40:00 PM, Blogger Wonderer said...

Good luck me @ your aunt's house.

 
At 3/13/2006 07:21:00 AM, Blogger Bee said...

Hey Me, wishing you all the best. I'm in a similar situation to yours, except that I have very limited choices. I live with my sister's little family. It's supposed to be a "temporary" situation, but it has been like that for couple of years now. Everytime I think of moving out, I get hit by the "lady-living-by-herself-culture-thing". So I understand what you're talking about. Hope everything turns out to the best.

 
At 3/13/2006 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Nesrina said...

Hope things are better now ya Me, I know how it feels but I what makes it better is the busy schedule u r running...

 
At 3/13/2006 01:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you finally reached a decision...it is pretty good one, and yeah your schedule would make it even better :) I might come to alex on Friday 24th isa...let me know if i can see you for an hour or so ya gamila :)

 
At 3/13/2006 02:09:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Wonderer,
Thanks :-)

Psychicwizdom,
whew long name ;-) ok I'm just gonna call you wizdom from now on ...thanks for passing by and dropping a comment :-) and hope you're coping with your"temporary" situation too! I've been through these "permanent temporary" situations too... tell me about it !!

Nesreen,
Thanks, yep, busy schedule helps loads !!

Nerro,
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy !! Coming to Alex at last !! Alone? or is Nesreen comin with you? inshAllah will see you of course ... just confirm wana 2agi 3ala tool !!

 
At 3/13/2006 03:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I am gonna be with a group, bas would love to see you fa I can leave them an hour wala 7aga before my departure and have a cup of coffee with you. Will call you when I get more details to arrange isa :)...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home