Living Life

Monday, October 10, 2005

Tagged

I've been tagged by Jane and Roora to do this meme ... "5 Random Things About Me" mmmmmmm let's see how it goes...

1. I'm a middle child .. an only girl...I don't remember ever feeling I wanted a sister ... was so close to my brothers ...especially the younger one (1 yr 9 months difference)... had all of the "girly" things a little girl could have ...AND enjoyed "sometimes" being a tomboy... loved group games with my 2 brothers... as much as I loved being with my friends (some of which I felt were my sisters.. only they didn't live at my house!!)... I just sometimes used to feel a tinge of guilt for thinking that I love my younger bro more than the older one... don't feel that way any more thank God...

2. Learnt a bit of Bengali when my best friend was a Bangladeshi girl... was taking it really seriously with tests and quizzes and all!! I loved the way the letters were "drawn" under the line and not on top...used it as a secret code between us...too bad I've forgotten most of it ... just a few letters,words and how to write my name are what I remember...

3. Used to "picture" the English translation while praying until around high school... was a really unique experience coz I studied Islamic studies at my school in English ... with all the Surahs, Hadiths etc in English...so for me .. praying and reciting would be in Arabic.. visualising in my mind the English translation !!!

4. I LOVE creams,lotions,shower gels,powder... you name it...

5. I studied Civil Engineering because I loved it.. loved the thinking, the calculations.. the designing.. ... the seeing your design "grow" in front of your eyes later... then.. I started teaching English as well .. basically for the same reasons... loved seeing my students "think" how to use the language, then "calculate" and "design" sentences and talk... then let the language "grow" in them ... InshAllah (God Willing) will never give up either career...

Oh and 1 more thing .. it's not really about me... we have this cupbaord we bought from one of our Polish friends around 15 years ago... just realised that to this day we call it the "Polish cupboard" !!!

I'm supposed to tag or "kluk" people to do this ... so all of you on my "Blogs I enjoy" list ... if you've not been tagged already ... you're it !! ;-)

13 Comments:

At 10/10/2005 11:48:00 PM, Blogger roora said...

meme, you are just like my older sis and my brother, when they were in jeddah , they used to take religon in schools by english! I was only 5 so i didn't really had that weird experience! No wonder why their english is now perfect more than mine bekteeeer :)

 
At 10/11/2005 12:48:00 AM, Blogger tota said...

where have u been when u were young? Gulf !!

 
At 10/11/2005 12:48:00 AM, Blogger tota said...

where have u been when u were young? Gulf !!

 
At 10/11/2005 01:54:00 AM, Blogger Just Jane said...

Thanks for doing the meme, Me. I am also a middle child. It's good to learn more about you.

 
At 10/11/2005 04:38:00 PM, Blogger Wonderer said...

Thanks me for having me tagged on your enjoyable blogs. It is really something to know that someone cares about what you write.

I will try doing the same thing in my blog soon insh. It is nice to know some tips about the people you are dealing with (almost on daily basis) and are becoming good virtual friends to you.

BTW, how can I add "blogs I enjoy" like yours to my blog??

 
At 10/11/2005 04:45:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Roora,
I used to simply love Islamic studies in English !! Glad God has given me that chance ... el7amdulilah :-)

Tota,
Everybody I get to know now after moving to Egypt assumes that I used to live in the Gulf... even Roora here thought so :-D .... the "surprise" is I used to live in Libya!! ...(which I'm now visiting btw)... will probably get round to posting a bit about it in my blog soon...

Jane,
Thanks for taggin' me :-D

 
At 10/11/2005 07:23:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Wonderer,
You're welcome .. 3ala eih ya benti.. kolena henna 3elah wa7da :-)

To add any sort of list .. whether it's "blogs i enjoy" or anything else read this ... hope it works :-)

 
At 10/11/2005 07:25:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

If you need any further help ..pls don't hesistate to ask ya gamila..

 
At 10/11/2005 09:16:00 PM, Blogger doshar said...

hello me, you know what, i am a middle child too. they say they turn out independent and strong. you think?

and i studied religion as a child in english too. only till i was 8, but i remember studying how to pray, and wodou in english. i remember we used to stand up in class next to our desks and do the actions. i was in saudi, so we also prayed duhr there. quran was a separate subject.

i love creams and soap and shampoo too! i love shopping for them and using them. love the fresh smell after a shower. maybe we can trade

 
At 10/12/2005 09:35:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

mmmmmmm...independant and strong? sort of true .. but I think it depnds on the upbringing and atmosphere at home too...

I studied Islamic Studies in English till high school... realised it was a unique experience when it was over...

Take me shopping with you one day.. sure we'd make a great "shopping pair"... mesh keda? :-D

 
At 10/13/2005 01:16:00 AM, Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said...

really nice tag..
thanks me.. gona have it too..

i never knew u r an engineer as well.. welcome dude.. i am electrical engineer ;)

 
At 10/13/2005 04:41:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Yep... Engineer ... join the club ;-)

Yalla ya Lasto .. waiting to see it on your blog ...

 
At 11/08/2005 02:44:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

LOL !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home