Living Life

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Happy Birthday little bro !!!! :-)

Doshar just wrote yesterday about her little sis... it so happens that I want to write today about my little brother... coz it's his birthday today !!!! Not so little any more ... 25 years old today ... currently living alone in Egypt while I spend some time with my parents here in Libya...and older bro with his family in Saudi...the funny thing is he'd forgotten it was his birthday ... only cause we called and sent sms's and ecards... he remembered ... sent me a thank you email saying "Hey thanks...wasn't on my mind .. thought it was tomorrow or something..." Hehehehe ... he's hilarious ...him and his friends don't bother with birthdays any more.... here at home we made an "upside down pineapple cake" and pizza... did the family ritual of singing happy birthday to you in English and in Arabic... then I made a fool out of myself to divert my mum's attention so that she doesn't start crying (which she does sometimes after the singing and blowing candles).. it may seem weird to everyone that we do this ritual even when the person isn't around...but we've been doing it on my big bro's birthday ever since he left in '98 ... and little bro .. the past 2 years ... next year my parents will probably do it on my birthday ... which really worries me coz I won't be around to divert my mum's attention from crying ... Rabena yostor...

Was supposed to writing about little bro wasn't I ? drifted off a little ... So much to say about him .. let's just start by saying I am proud of him .. very proud in fact... he's been growing up sp fast... we were really close as kids .. and el7amdulilah still close...now it's a bit different though...when we were little I was the "big one" ...and he wanted to be like me and "do" like me ... now there are loads of times when I want to be like him ... I love the way he never gives up... love the way he has a clear vision of what he wants to do ... love the way he leads a team to do all the work he's been doing lately ... he's part of an organisation of Engineers (yes.. he's an engineer too *sigh*) and he organises workshops,seminars,scientific trips .. etc ... how he gets it all done is beyond me...doing a Masters degree in Electronics & Communications and teaching at the same time at the Uni...mashAllah...There's just this teeny weeny little thing which drives me up the wall... he's soooooooo messy at home and oblivious of the fact !!!! But even then... "Rabena yehdeih we yekhaleeh leena"

To be continued

11 Comments:

At 10/16/2005 10:11:00 PM, Blogger roora said...

Ameen me ..seems to be really very close to each other , Rabena yekhaleekom leb3d

and yes i as shocked when i read the celebration habit even when they aren't around, i think it even more hurts when you do that because you and your family will remember that he is missed ! maybe if you can just celebrate by phone rather than blowing the candles will make it easier for your mom, May God help her!

 
At 10/16/2005 10:52:00 PM, Blogger Bokbok said...

A happy birthday to your dear brother, Me! Many more happy returns of the day!!!

How are you? ;)

take care!

 
At 10/17/2005 12:10:00 AM, Blogger Wonderer said...

"it may seem weird to everyone that we do this ritual even when the person isn't around".
In fact it seems so sentimental, I am really touched.
As for your brother, you should really be proud of him. rabina ye.7aliko leba3d. we rabina yesabar your mother, I know how she feels as I am an only child and I left my mum alone when I got married. rabina ma3aha.

 
At 10/17/2005 01:05:00 AM, Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said...

Ameen ya rab

happy birthday to your brother..

 
At 10/17/2005 10:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to him ya Me :)

 
At 10/17/2005 09:56:00 PM, Blogger tota said...

Happy Birthday to your Brother :) then he is a zomol too :)))

as u won't be around to divert ur mum's attention from crying, u may ask them to Not blow Candels for you .. just Pizza it's delicious ;)
btw, where will u be next year ISA ... here in egypt?

 
At 10/18/2005 12:54:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Thanks everyone :-)

Believe me I tried with my mum loads of times before ya Roora telling her that there was no need for the cake and blowing candles part .. but she insists so we don't argue with her on that issue any more...

Thanks Bokbok for dropping by .. I'm fine Thank God .. I'll see you at your blog soon :-D

Wonderer,
it is hard for my mum especially when she feels she has "three" children and now .. none livin with her :-/ Rabena yessabarha

Lasto & Nerro,
Thanks girls :-)

Tota,
yep... we are a family of engineers... dad + three children (dad: mechanical & industrial, me: civil, brothers: electronics & communications).. only mum is business... people in the family always joke around that mum should've enrolled in engineering and studied all over again !!! Hehehehe..
I'll be in Alex by next week isA ...

 
At 10/18/2005 08:06:00 AM, Blogger Charisma said...

Me,
happy belated Bday to your brother *blush*
im blushing all over the blogoshpere, i havent checked my fav blogs in a couple of days, been wrapped up in my own fantasy world, time i got back to my senses huh :)

anyhow ... I have the same relationship with my brother, but he's only a year younger than me, and when we were younger, it was exatcly how you described, he wanted to do everything i did, and always looked up to me, oh those good ol' days ... lol

anyways, god bless you, him and your family.
Amen.

 
At 10/19/2005 03:43:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Welcome back Chari ;-)
Thanks for your wishes ... and yes .."oh those good ol' days ... lol" :-D

 
At 10/20/2005 02:42:00 AM, Blogger doshar said...

me, you are still in libya?
sweet what you do in the birthdays, but as you say it, your mom seems very emotional and attached to you guys alot.

mish momken your bro forgot his bday, no body really forgets, mish kida? bas seems really nice. that is the one that you had a pillow fight with a while back?

 
At 10/21/2005 12:19:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Yep Doshar... I'm still in Libya... should be back to Alex isA during the next week...

My mum is a very emotional person...and the way she brought us up made us all close to her... big bro was the "bikri" so he used to have thing special thing with her... then I am the only "banoota" ... so here I have my special place too... then comes little bro who's "akher el3an2ood" ...so here you go again .. another special place in her heart... God help her and my Dad with all of us away from them the coming days... but el7amdulilah the internet does wonders...voice chat and stuff... can't imagine how it would've been if there was no internet !!!

"mish momken your bro forgot his bday, no body really forgets, mish kida?"

You have to meet my bro to believe that somebody can really forget .. he's unbelievable !!

Yep.. he's the one I had so much fun with here :-D (but it wasn't a pillow fight though)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home