Living Life

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Mixed feelings...

El7amdulilah (Thank God)... here I am in Alex, Egypt... sitting at home ... but which is home? Here or there... in Benghazi, Libya? Where I'm starting a new life or where I spent my whole life? I guess both are "home" for me but each in it's own sense...
Was hard leaving my parents at this time of the year ... during Ramadan and with Eid coming up... but inshAllah, God Willing, it's for the best...am really looking forward to spending this last week of Ramadan here in Alex... have never experienced it before :-)
Met all my old friends in Benghazi... had a nice time ... felt how much I'm loved and missed... while here in Alex my newly made friends were bugging me to come back !!! Old friends... new friends ... lovely...
Was called to start work today (a sort of "on call" job I have here) ... so I went today .. then I had to come and clear the mess little bro has here... the fridge is a disaster !!! and fix iftar to eat ... good thing my mum has left some semi-cooked stuff in the freezer ;-)

Don't know what to say really... just mixed feelings...

9 Comments:

At 10/26/2005 11:40:00 PM, Blogger Sou said...

Home away from home, i know the feeling. I live in Kuwait, and i've never really lived in Egypt. So i guess i call Kuwait home, but it's not my home country.

Made any sense?! I'm not making any; but hey, i tried! hehe

Thanx for passing by my blog! :) :)

 
At 10/27/2005 01:12:00 PM, Blogger Me said...

Sou,
You're making all the sense !!!

ATC,
Allah yesallemek...thanks...Starting to settle a bit el7amdulilah :-)

 
At 10/27/2005 09:30:00 PM, Blogger Wonderer said...

First of all, 7amdellah 3ala salamtik.

Now, your post made me notice something, most of the bloggers here are living as expats:
1-You an Egyptian living in Libya.
2-Charismatic soul is an Egyptian living in Dubai.
3-Around the clock a lebaneese living in UAE.
4-loulou a Morrocan living in Abu Dhabi.
5-Sou an Egyptian living in Kuwait.
6-I am an Egyptian living wherever:)

Ya3ni, I guess all of us are experiencing these mixed feelings, having part of our family in a place and the other part in another place.

C'est la vie

 
At 10/28/2005 12:01:00 AM, Blogger Charisma said...

lucky you , me :(

i of course know what you mean, although i dont consider dubai as home, never did actually, i always have this feeling that im here temporarily :(

anyhow, like wonderer said, c'est la vie.

 
At 10/28/2005 12:42:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Wonderer,
Allah yessalemik :-)
So you living "wherever" ;-D ... mashe... but when we meet in person some day isA ... you'll tell me if I was right when I guessed :-D

PS. I'm now supposed to be living in Egypt as the permanent place and visiting Libya to see my parents... yalla pray for me to find my dream jobs and settle isA...

Chari,
You mean lucky me coz I'm spending some of Ramadan here? Yep .. in that case "lucky me" :-D

This temporary feeling is unavoidable sometimes... but when you live in a house for your whole life... it becomes home even if it isn't ... get what I mean?

and in the end as you guys said "C'est la vie"

El7amdulilah that we're all fine and well even if apart :-)

 
At 10/28/2005 12:55:00 AM, Blogger LouLou said...

Meme,

7amdilla 3ala salamtek. Look on the bright side. You got to spend part of Ramadan with your parents & now you get to experience the rest in Egypt. I7midi Allah. You're a lucky girl.:)

 
At 10/28/2005 04:25:00 AM, Blogger Nightlegend said...

Welcome to Alexandria ,insha2alah you will enjoy the remaining of Ramadan and eid here,and don't worry about your feelings ,as all our friends above said that this is normal ,I have the same feelings sometimes when I move from my room to the living room!!

Cheer up and Ramadan Kareeeeem.

 
At 10/28/2005 02:34:00 PM, Blogger Wonderer said...

me,
I can't remember what was your guess. However, I remember it was wrong:) Try again:)))

 
At 10/30/2005 01:51:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Loulou,
Allah yesalemik .... yep, I know ... el7amdulilah .... I'm a lucky girl :-) (Begad)

Nightlegend,
Thanks.....it is normal...I'm sort of over it now already :-) w Allaho Akram

Wonderer,
Mmmmmmm.... so it was wrong... by the way it was "S" ... will try again and tell you later isA... too tired to think now....nightie night

 

Post a Comment

<< Home